Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Mid-Week Report

I like McDonald's. I like board games. Naturally, therefore, I like when McDonald's has Monopoly. What I like more than anything though is saving money so given the choice yesterday in the drive through of a 10 piece chicken nugget that would have given me two game pieces or getting my normal order, I chose to save $.60.

Yesterday Jim was trying to remind Nicole that her "Sleepy Bear" (lovey) is only for night time and is not to come downstairs during the day or evening. She sternly looked at him and said "Leave my Sleepy Bear alone!" It's so hard to take her seriously when her stern is so cute and I'm so proud that she's using complete sentences.

Chris has a new passion in life and that's playing "airplane". I worry in the back of my mind that I'm putting too much pressure on his ribs when I hold him over my head but the kid laughs hysterically when I do it, especially when I lower him down to my face for a kiss.

We got DVR on Saturday (way behind the curve on this one I know) and started recording shows for both kids and us (Dora, The Wiggles & iCarly for Nicole, So You Think You Can Dance, The Office and Shark Tank for Jim and I). Nicole watched Dora the other day and was ECSTATIC that it was on at 6pm. Last night we put on Shark Tank via DVR and actually watched through the first set of commercials before it dawned on me we can fast forward through all of them.

10.5 lbs to my pre-Chris weight. All of my size 10 and most of my size 8 pants are fitting me again. I'm still an inch away from any of my size 6's closing though.... When I look at my profile in the mirror I don't think I look too bad but the linea nigra (line of darkened pigment on my stomach) hasn't faded yet at all. Looking on babycenter.com produced these tips to getting rid of it but noted that breastfeeding prolongs the fading. ugh.

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

You will be back in your size 6's in no time.

I cannot wait to see Chris giggling!!

As I have said before, Nicole is getting cuter and cuter!

I do not have DVR yet, and I don't plan on getting it anytime soon. I don't watch enough tv to pay for it.

Viki said...

I think it's hysterical when small children get all serious on you.

I don't have a DVR yet either. I was under the impression that you needed digital cable in order for one to work but have recently learned otherwise, so maybe we'll get one...

Laura said...

Be warned, once you get used to the DVR it totally sucks if you can't have it anymore. It feels like watching tv old-fashioned style!

Sarah said...

We've got DVR built into our cable. I guess it's kind of like TiVO, but you just go to the digital cable menu and select the programs you want to record. It's fabulous!

I'm sure you are gorgeous as ever, size 10 or size 6!!

Mamma Sarah said...

You looked great at your party! You'll get to where you want to be before you know it. :-)

We also don't have DVR, but have on demand which suits us just fine. :-) even though it would be nice to "record" the shows we want to watch right then and there so we don't miss a thing. Especially when Thomas or SpongeBob are on at the same time as what I want to watch. :-)

LisaMarie said...

A size 6??? Holy crap, I'm totally jealous that you're in a size 8! :) I never got that dark line, just stretch marks that my giantness hid from me til after I started shrinking. :(

And it's about time you got DVR! We have TWO. LOL!