Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Past 3 days

On my way to work today I watched a school bus doing their emergency evacuation drill. You know the one where all the kids jump out of the back of the bus? I remember in gradeschool always getting a little nervous about that leap even though there were 8th grade boys on the ground to help me down.

Chris has croup again. He went to the doctor yesterday and got another steroid treatment. He also has the first beginnings of an ear infection though the doctor recommended I wait to give him the amoxicillin she prescribed until he seems bothered by it.

On Sunday we bowled (4/4!! and now in 1st place!) and when we got back to my mom's we were surprised to find Ryann there as well. Ryann is now fully potty-trained so when she said she needed to go Nicole claimed she did too and followed her to the bathroom. After BOTH girls did their thing Nicole told Ry she needed "some paper". That helpful little cousin of hers not only got her TP but wiped her too! When Nicole got down Ryann went to pull up her panties (we're letting Nicole wear princess panties on OVER her diaper/pull-up in an effort to build excitement) for her. Mom offered to help but Ryann sternly told her "no, I help Ni-cole" and she did- underwear and pants too. It was laugh out loud funny. If you ask Nicole now "how did Ryann help you?" she answers "Ry Ry pulled my pants up!" I hope Chris and his cousin-to-be get along so well!

Attending Aubreigh and Noah's baptisms this weekend reminds me that I need to start planning Chris's.....

4 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that Chris has croup and an ear infection. That's just no fun!

Now that is just too darn cute about Ryann and Nicole!

Finlands finest said...

That is soooo cute. Cousins helping each other out!!!

I hope Chris gets better soon!

Sarah said...

I battled croup many many times as a kid, poor Chris!

I LOVE the story about Nic and Ryann, so freaking cute!!!

Viki said...

Cute story about Nic & Ryann. :-)

I hope Chris feels better, and that your hair grows out quickly and isn't annoying for too much longer.

I like your Friends post - actually, I like it whenever you do random posts like that. :-)