Thursday, July 09, 2009

Updates

AHhhhhhhhhhhhh! 8:15 and no kids awake! Nicole and Chris seem to have opposite schedules – if she’s awake, he’s asleep and vice versa. The end result is me not getting hardly anything productively done but quality time, a situation that’s hard to be frustrated about but doesn’t help the to-do list get any shorter.

I’ve been leaving the house with the kids every day so far. We’ve taken trips to the library, to lunch and the pool with my aunt, shopping with my grandparents, etc. It makes the day go faster and keeps Nicole away from the TV which she frequently asks for (old habits from daycare die hard…). Places I still want to take her: the zoo, Parky’s Farm, the water park, Make-a-Mess Thursday (arts and crafts), and the bounce and play at the library which is today but we won’t make due to lunch with Martha.

Nicole’s birthday is Saturday – I’ve ordered her balloons and have a to-buy list already made for today/tomorrow’s shopping trip. We’ll be having Mexican for dinner and she’ll have about 25 guests, all family, attending.


Nicole feeding baby Allison


Chris is doing well – he’s dropped his sleeping from 20 hours a day to about 18 and is happy all but about 2 hours of the 6. Crying’s part of being a baby though and while it doesn’t bother me the sound does get on Jim’s nerves. Unfortunately for me he still wants to eat every 2 hours-ish which makes coordinating outings, etc. more challenging. Last night he extended his sleeping to 4 hours before he wanted to eat so that was a nice break except for Nicole waking up around 3 and needing to be changed/cuddled. His cord fell off over a week ago, the circumcision has totally healed and I’ve not gotten hit with “the fountain” in over a week! I’m learning how to take care of a boy!

The deck is really coming along. It will be done tomorrow but unfortunately I haven’t found any furniture that’s blown me over to buy and fill it with. Though I want it to look as “real” as possible for the party I don’t want to be hasty with spending money on thing just to have them in time. Pictures to follow tomorrow upon completion!

I’m down 23lbs but that still leaves me much to go. Damn sweet tooth…. I finished the Twilight series and a book Lisa gave me a while ago. Jenny’s going to lend me a new vampire series today when I see her for lunch. All of the above are great for keeping me awake/not bored during these late-night feedings (which Jim blissfully sleeps through for the most part- the one big downside to breast-feeding is that the husband doesn’t have much he can do to help….).

On to productive things while I still have some time!!!

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad things are going so well. Hugs to all of you guys!

Laura said...

Sounds like things are going well with 2 kids! Happy early birthday to Nicole!

Finlands finest said...

You have the sweetest children!

I am glad to have seen you again this week. Let me know when you need more books. :)

markjx said...

Re: Patio Furniture

I've got a set of four chairs and a table that are just sitting in my garage now. They're a very heavy wrought (sp?) iron. If you'd like to borrow them, just let me know!

Viki said...

Now it's after Nic's birthday - I was going to call on Saturday but figured you'd be a little busy. Hope the party went well, and everyone's recovering nicely!