Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello World

  • I started to wonder if blogging was going out of style because some of my friends who've been on the blogroll for 4+ years are slowing down in their posting frequency. Then again, I am too. Perhaps it's just easier to read and not write? I'm assuming time is the real issue
  • Chris is speaking in 2-word sentences now which is a wonderful break in his language development. I never thought he was behind but I did suspect that his limited vocabulary was part of his aggressiveness. I still see a mild correlation but not to the extent I wish it was (aka- he's speaking more but not hitting significantly less).
  • I've tried several new recipes lately because I feel like our home menu is getting kind of stale. I need to find one this week. Any suggestions? KEY: NO WEIRD INGREDIENTS.
  • My favorite teaching session is coming up on Thursday.
  • I bought a new purse. It's twice the size of any purse I've ever owned but I concede that larger is the style. I literally have like 10 total things in it (2 lipsticks, 2 pens, keys, sunglasses, phone, money, credit cards)- none of which are big so the purse doesn't have that much form (as you can see in the corner) - there's not enough junk to hold it up! ha!

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

What about fajitas? That maybe too similar to tacos for you guys. I also do big baked potatoes stuffed with cheese and veggies. If you add grilled chicken or something it would be a nice balanced meal for the fam. :)

Katharine said...

Cute purse. I'm sure with time, by having the space, you'll find a way to fill it...you'll toss a book in there or something.

Please define: NO WEIRD INGREDIENTS...I don't know if that means keeping the crickets out of the chocolate chip cookies...avoiding food combinations like beans and bananas...or if you are avoiding Jungle Jim's for some reason...?

Caitlin said...

Super easy roast!
Chuckeye roast
2 cans golden mushroom soup
1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix
6-8 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
A dash of pepper

Stick it in the crock pot for 6-8 hours on low. It's delish!

LisaMarie said...

I want you to know that I enlarged the photo to see what the purse said on it. I'm addicted to purses. And as you know, I'm a big fan of oversized purses. So you could definitely go bigger. TWSS.

Jamie said...

Hey Doll, I love the purse, it is very spring-y! We have been cooking and eating out of the "America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook". There are a lot of really good recipes, that are kid friendly too. Nothing too weird as far as ingredients, I have been able to find everything the recipes ask for with no problem. The flank steak with salsa is awesome (the salsa is wonderful!), the chicken curry was really good, as was the taco skillet. Some of the recipes take longer to pre-pare than others, but they all have been really good!