Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Bad Habits

1. Accomplishing something: I have a somewhat overwhelming urge to be productive. My most recent near-obsession is checking my email at red lights. I can't stand to just sit there. Even when I'm watching DVR I get satisfaction of knocking a show off the list.

2. Biting my chapped lips: I can't not do it. I am probably making the situation worse, I know. I bit my cheek last night and I can't stop messing with that either....

3. Calling people right away with news: Jim obviously gets the brunt of this. Here's an example - I got Chris's ear drop prescription at the pharmacy. There was no generic so OUR cost was like $33. It literally took me zipping my purse so I didn't call to tell him. "You'll be home in 6 minutes and can tell him then! It's not important anyway!" I had to keep reminding myself or I would have been on the phone right away.

4. Feeling like I DESERVE sweets: I rationalize in my head that I do good things like be productive at work, pack my lunch, not eat any at work so I deserve a big scoop of cookie dough at home.... [Un]fortunately this happens every day.

5. Checking people's blogs who are private/remote: It's because they don't update in my blogroll! I have to remember to read Tom's, Martha's, Lisa's, etc. and it drives me crazy because I just plain forget it won't update on the side so when I look I'm always like "eh, nothing new with Tom" when there was! ACK!

6. Making sexual innuendos at work: Somehow this happens all the time. I think it's because I work with all men but the subject comes up constantly it seems. Not about what any of us do, per se, but just the concept. Like if I take a late lunch with the kids one of the guys will tease "you're in a good mood, did you have a quickie over lunch?" and I'll be inclined to answer something like "Yeah, in the park near his work. It was awesome."

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

These all made me smile. I can see your desire to be productive. I have the same one, but I cannot check my work email on my phone which saves me from this. :)

Who doesn't deserve a sweet?!?! That is a better question!!!

Ok, while I love a good sexual innuendo, work would not be appropraite for me...your lucky you can get away with it!

Dale said...

OK Karen, that's not innuendo, that's flat out saying it!

Innuendo is "Boy, that hit the spot. That's what she said."