Monday, April 19, 2010

For Carole

Tonight was in the mid-sixties so we spent some time playing with chalk outside. Nicole is learning to draw actual pictures. Here's a rainbow:




I won't post the picture of Chris trying to eat the chalk because that might imply some bad parenting (or at least slow reflexes) on my part. ha ha.



Last night my aunt and uncle's dog died. I took the opportunity to explain to Nicole why she won't see Jasper anymore and that Jasper is in Heaven playing with Jesus but that makes Aunt Mary feel sad because she misses him. That drew out an explanation of the fact that Heaven is above us and God watches us.


Here's Nic taking said lessons and applying them to her favorite thing to draw - smile faces.




We made Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom a "feel better" card too. I think it'll make Aunt Mary cry though. :(

Tonight's art lesson was trees- "one big stick and swirlies at the top". I think that even without knowing in advance what it was you could guess "tree". 2-year old level tree of course, but still, not too bad.

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I remember playing with chalk on the driveway and loving it!! I'm glad your kids get to have that kind of fun!

Laura said...

Wow, Nicole is a budding artist!