Friday, December 10, 2010

Life Updates

Chris
  • Has gotten the knack of how to use a spoon but not how to scrape edges. So if the food isn't in plentiful quantity he can't get it and then he grunts/whines
  • He's learned several new words and we're at the point where if i pay close enough attention i understand what he wants. Nicole and I are forever telling him "Chris, say ___". Common ones he says that sound darn good (and are SOOO cute to hear) are purple, yellow, apple, Grandpa (insert HUGE smile before "papa"), daddy ("dada")
  • For some reason he really likes wearing pajamas and lately throws a fit when i want to get him dressed in "real" clothes
  • Still clingy as ever...

Nicole

  • Is into a husband phase. She "has" a husband that doesn't have a name, "it's just husband" she tells me, and changes age and profession daily. Yesterday her husband was 9 and in kindergarten (apparently not the over-achiever i hope she actually marries some day....). His job was to go to the north pole and look at penguins. My favorite was when her reply to my trivia question "Nicole, how do kites stay in the sky?" was "sticky tape. That's my husband's job," gaining enthusiasm, "he uses sticky tape to keep kites in the sky. But sometimes he does a bad job and they fall. It's just an accident though and i still love him."
  • She wants a tinkerbell house, something we passed as i bustled her through Sears one day, for Christmas.
  • We're into reading series of stories, specifically Amelia Bedelia and Frog and Toad are Friends.
  • She has an amazing memory - in one Amelia Bedelia book two brothers, Mike and Harry, help Amelia pitch a tent. Several days later when Amelia was helping with a play at school Nicole asked what Mike and Harry were going to do in the show. These characters had all of four sentences about them and yet she recalls them!

Jim

  • Started a new assignment on Wednesday of last week and is overwhelmed by the amount of new things to learn
  • Is studying nightly for his big CFA exam that he'll take in June 2011

Karen

  • Is headed to NYC Sun-Mon to support Sarah F. at the TODAY show (airing Monday 12/13/10 10-11am EST)!
  • Is not done Christmas shopping. I'm particularly stuck on Chris
  • Finished Section 1 of the novel yesterday. Looking forward to good progress in air this weekend

5 comments:

Katharine said...

Good luck finding penguins at the North Pole ;)

Cute updates though! I LOVED both Amelia Bedelia and Frog and Toad are Friends when I was a kid. I dressed up as Amelia Bedelia once for a book report project in grade school. Perhaps she should progress onto Dr. Doolittle next!

Finlands finest said...

I'm glad to hear that Jim is on a new assignment at work!! Good for him!! I hope he is happier!

I heard about Nic's husband at Paul's party. She told me something about him. Too cute!!

Chris is picking up things pretty quickly too. FYI-I like wearing pajamas too. I sometimes fuss when I have to change. Not too unusual. Besides pjs are always so fun!

Have fun in NYC and working on the book. I am looking forward to reading it!

Laura said...

What is your friend doing on the Today show? Pretty cool, whatever it is :)

Love that Nicole has pretend husbands...it's hilarious!

LisaMarie said...

Max is in the pj phase too. Fits every morning. It's ridiculous. And he also says papa for grandpa. :) It sounds so sweet. His funniest new phrase is telling things they are "bad". "Bad daddy," "Bad tv," "Bad washcloth." I LOVE it. But I have to hide my smiles for those. :)

Viki said...

I meant to post something last week but ran out of time - I love your updates. Your children are brilliant, and so is your husband. :-) I'd love to read your book, too.

On a different note - JEN J - can I be invited to read your blog?