Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TV Time

I wasn't so much into TV before we got DVR. Now, with the ability to watch on my schedule there's no reason to not be entertained. I am kinda goofy about starting new shows in the middle of a season especially, and, to nearly the same extent, if I can't watch them in order from the beginning. As such, though I've gotten lots of "you NEED to watch Big Bang Theory/How I Met Your Mother/Two and a Half Men/etc." I can't do it and give it my "all". I only watch TV when the kids are in bed - either for the night or naps- and it's turned into a bit of a guilty pleasure over the last 9 months.

The shows I'm DVRing right now include:
Parenthood
Glee
The Event
Taboo (fun to watch when nothing else is on)
What Would You Do
(and obviously Dora, Kai Lan, & Go Diego Go for Nicole)

The shows I wish I was DVRing but they're apparently not on actively/anymore:
Cake Boss
Shark Tank
So You Think You Can Dance
Whale Wars
Selling New York
Design Star

The shows I was DVRing but won't in the future:
Color Splash
Bang For Your Buck

4 comments:

Darth Shan said...

The Big Bang Theory is by far a can't miss show for me. I caught it halfway through the first season. There are some running gags, but you can pick it up pretty easy, vs say "Chuck" which is more in the serial type show vein. TBBT has helped bring the sit-com back to life.

Anonymous said...

Modern Family is the best show on.
Not sure how long i will stick with The Event.

Dave

Finlands finest said...

I like Big Bang theory too. I watched The Event but I think it is only ok. I do not have a lot of must see shows right now.

David Polley said...

We like Parenthood and Cake Boss too... We also watch Billy the Exterminator sometimes. The Big Bang Theroy is great...!
Our favorites lately have been Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

Any of the CSI's will do and most of the "Law and Order" series.
I think all of the "Reality" shows are stupid. "Bridezillas" especially stupid. Why on earth would anyone want to listen to all of that whining and bithing. Good Lord cover my ears...! The absolute worst TV show on the air has to be "The View" Some, not all, of those woman have some real problems.