Thursday, March 08, 2012

Looking to Swap

I'm loading information about our house on homeexchange.com. We're paying a discounted rate of ~$12/mo for 3 months. Goal is for the homeowners of this house http://www.homeexchange.com/show.php?id=177365 to want to come to Cincinnati in June.

Now, our willingness to house-swap is getting some raised eyebrows from Jim's co-workers. One guy says "I'm cheap, but I'm not trading houses to go on vacation cheap." We don't see it that way at all (and I suspect everyone else registered on the site sees it our way too).

For the record:
  • I am not worried at all about theft
  • I am a little freaked out about someone else having sex in my bed but I'm reminding myself that if I was at a hotel THOUSANDS of people would have had sex in the bed I'd be sleeping in each night.
  • I hope that the kid-themed bedrooms Chris and Nic have aren't too big of a turn-off.
  • If we can't find a swap partner in Chi-town for this summer, our intention is to renew for a 1-year term next time, potentially determining the location of the vacation itself by the availability of a property
  • I am not sure how to feel that we're just the fourth property in Cincinnati to be listed. Is this good (no competition) or bad (no one wants to come here)?

1 comment:

David P. said...

Karen,

My goodness, such a very busy lady no doubt. You life is very exciting and rewarding and you have come such a very long way since the day Jim introduced you to all of us at the once renowned Queen City Softball Complex around 2001 or so I beleive...
My mind is not exactly what it use to be, but my goodness, I never thought you would have so much success in such a short amount of time. You truely have been blessed and I just pray for continued happiness and prosperity. You and Jim have become the ultimate "American Dream" come true and it has been a joy watching the journey and sharing in your joy through your writings.....

I am very happy for the both of you....
I pray the the Lord will continue to bless you and your entire family..
In Christ always.....