Thursday, September 08, 2011

September Post about random things

1. I feel disappointed that I was surprised when I un-lidded my soup and discovered it's homemade. Am I really that processed!?

2. My youngest brother is getting married Saturday. Doesn't feel real. I know he's an adult and he's been with Jenna for years, but it's still a little surreal. I think part of that weird feeling is that Greg's marriage is kind of the fin
al nail in the coffin that my siblings and i are all grown-ups.

3. I went to Jenna's bachelorette party two weekends ago. I
hadn't been clubbing in over half a decade so I had no idea what to wear. Went with the classic little black dress. Can't fail with a classic. For those of you who are also out of the clubbing scene, let me report this: 1) Cincinnati clubs aren't in Over the Rhine anymore. They're all downtown with lots of well-lit parking and cops. SO much safer than when we went out. 2) heels arent' required anymore. I looked H-O-T (i'm exaggerating) in my 4" black sandals but no one cared and my feet felt like hell the next morning. Girls today wear flats and dance all night. Not as cute as we were but that's a move in the right direction in my opinion.

4. Nicole's manners are frequently SO good she can be slightly annoying. Literally every sentence is "excuse me, mommy", "can i please", "thank you so much", or "i just shared my ___ with Chris". But she's so proud of being polite and it's a characteristic so sorely lacking in today's society how can i do anything but further encourage her?

5. Jim and I filled out these surveys for Redbook magazine. It was about how many "points" you should get or give for certain activities. For example, if he gives me a backrub with no intention of sex how many points does he deserve (6). If i cook him a full meal 50's style how many points do i get? (10) I haven't read all his answers yet but i'll say that what i've read so far was ENLIGHTENING (really).

6. The last two days were co-workers birthdays, both women i really like, and i brought in goodies. I'm thinking though that my birthday might be an overkill for people who return this favor... I'll be super grateful and touched, but i don't want to have a banquet in my honor or anything. I'd feel awkward since some folks get little/nothing on their day.

7. Miss my blogging?

7 comments:

Dale said...

Read it :)

LisaMarie said...

1. I like the salt in processed soups. I know, BAD.
2. Imagine how I will feel when Sara gets married- if she waits until she's 23 (my age when I married) I could be a 40 year old bridesmaid! LOL!!!!!
3. I have never been clubbing, so I found these facts entertaining and educational.
4. Max's manners have not been quite so stellar lately.
5. I wanted to fill out the Redbook survey, but then didn't really want to know what Kendall's answers would be. HA!
6. What if they don't do ANYTHING?? :O
7. Yes! I missed your blog!

Finlands finest said...

Missed your blog!

Nicole is soo cute!

I sometimes wear heels still to go clubbing, and yes I still dance the night away.

4. I'm still single so not everyone is all grown up!

5. What is Redbook magazine?

Jen W. said...

YES, miss the blogging!
My little (well almost 7 y/o) said "excuse me" in Sams the other day. An older gentleman stopped my husband and complimented us on how polite he was. He said you just don't hear that from young people much. :)

Anonymous said...

7 - yes!

4 - Polite children are too cute! Is there such a thing as being too polite?

3 - such a shame. Fashion isn't about comfort! :)

2 - Jen, don't worry. Marriage is hardly a sign of being a grown up!! You can be a grown up without being married and there are way too many children who get married.

6 - Do the other employees do things for others birthdays? How will they know when it is yours?

-Martha

Anonymous said...

6 & 7 - waiting for your next blog - and hoping it'll include what your coworkers did for your birthday!

-Martha

David P. said...

Are you ever going to write here again....

Miss your on going life in this blog

David