Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Yeah, i'm alive

I never realized how much i blogged at work until i got a job that consistently keeps me busy and guilty about even reading blogs 8-5.

  • In a three week period we got rid of Chris's crib (he prefers to sleep on the floor, not in the toddler bed though. Jim and I both say 'who cares, as long as he stays in his room all night'), the highchair and whole milk. i officially no longer have a baby.
  • both kids are moving up in school to the 2 and 4 year old rooms.
  • My book has been sent to ~20 agents and i've gotten 7 official dings. i'm relatively unphased though because i'm holding self-publishing in my back pocket
  • the rain has been INSANE but of course as soon as i plant my veggie garden it frickin' stops.
  • new job is great. boss is great. stress levels are great. working downtown is awesome. all-around good decision to move and i have no regrets.
  • we are now in business with jim's cousins - bought a rental property in Lima, OH which we spent 2.5 full days rehabbing. made some good progress but still a long way to go. intention is to rent it to college guys. we have some interested parties already.
  • i'm making 2 cakes a month for work and jim says it's getting out of control time and expense-wise. i agree but find it hard to say no. so far some new things i've tried are mostly flavors - mint icing cupcakes accessorized with andes mints (tasted like thin mint cookies), a peanut-butter icing'ed gecko that tasted JUST LIKE a cake version of a reece cup, sarah's melting icing technique, strawberry cake. So far all successes and i've built quite a reputation.... :)
  • lots of parties and weddings in June. we're super-busy. can anyone babysit june 11th?

7 comments:

linds said...

I keep checking back to see if you got something from your list for Mother's Day :-)

Finlands finest said...

You need to make me 2 cakes a month too. :)

Things will work out with the book, I have no doubt every author has gone through a similar phase.

I'm thrilled you love your new job.

The kids are getting so big. :) I think it is cute Chris sleeps on the floor.

Laura said...

I thought you decided to give up on blogging....glad you're back!

LisaMarie said...

I'm so far behind I just saw the list for KENDALL. LOL!

Martha said...

I wondered what you were up to with no posts! :)

Katrin said...

Glad you're back. I'll babysit for free, you just need to cover travel... :)

Mamma Sarah said...

If you need a squasher... give me a holler. I'm sure we could work something out. :-)