Monday, April 18, 2011

Life Update

  • Chris is saying 3-word sentences! Hooray! He knows more words than I can keep up with
  • I'm paying for my first parenting magazine subscription. My grandmother had given me one for Christmas a few years ago and suddenly two others started showing up. One, Parents, is expiring and I think it's worth the $7.99 for a 2-year subscription. $7.99?!?! Really!?
  • Thinking of the price of magazines - full color printing on every page periodicals where i get 200 pages X 12 issues X 2 years for $7.99- and wrapping paper where you can get 25 YARDS of four color printing for $.99 at the dollar store... Why the heck does Kinko's charge $.14/page for color copies?!
  • Nicole is going to be a flower girl in Jenna and Greg's wedding. She's SUPER excited!
  • We got 4th place in our bowling tournament
  • I have come up with LOTS of ideas for mother's day this year. I mention them to jim all the time. I don't know if he's paying attention though or if I'll end up with some random gift. Perhaps I should post them here for his future reference? ; )

4 comments:

Martha said...

1) Wahoo!
2) I don't know that magazine (not shocking), but that sure does sound cheap for any magazine. I pay around $20, I think, for a 50 page magazine I get 6x for 1 year! (but see #3 below. that magazine does not.)
3) the magazine has advertising.
4) how exciting!
5) congratulations!
6) are these ideas for someone to get for you or for your and Jim's moms?

LisaMarie said...

LOL! Please post them here so Kendall can have some ideas too! :D

Finlands finest said...

This is all happy :)

Dale said...

I think it's because the magazines take a loss on the subscription and make their money off ads. And I think the wrapping paper is probably printed with a roll with the same pattern over and over again, while a color copy has to be "custom"